We currently hold one service in church
at 9.30am and an online service at 11.00am each Sunday
Sunday 16 January 2022
9.30am Book of Common Prayer Holy Communion
If you plan to attend a service at the church, please carefully read - and remember - these details:
The following revised guidelines for worship in church have been agreed by our PCC (more recent changes in bold):
- To allow singing in church as an expression of worship, but with the proviso that keen singers sit near the front, and those more vulnerable and anxious about infection sit towards the back. Also those who tend to sing loudly to sit on the side near the pulpit please.
- To continue to use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the building.
- To continue to scan the QR code on entering the building (for Track & Trace purposes), and keep a list of names of those attending.
- Continue the policy of leaving every second pew empty (so that people are not singing on to the neck of people in front).
- Facemasks are now mandatory in places of worship. There is the option to remove your mask when singing, but please be aware that the covid risk will increase, so please consider keeping your mask on.
- Continue the policy of ‘no touch’, i.e. no handshaking, no kissing or hugging in The Peace or at any other time, and personal space (1 metre distancing) to be respected.
- To continue the policy of wafers only at Communion. This can be received at the Sanctuary rail; please be guided by the stewards as to when to move forward and remain standing. Alternatively you can reeceive communion in your pew - please let the stewards know if you would prefer to do this.
- No limit is set on numbers attending Sunday services, however we ask people to continue to book in advance as this is helpful for 1) keeping an attendance record for ‘Track & Trace’ purposes, 2) for estimating wafer numbers at Communion (it is very difficult to find a safe way of adding extra wafers at the last minute, if more people turn up than expected).
- Coffee is now being served but please remain seated in your pews to drink it.
- To encourage people to continue to self-test regularly including before coming to church.
Jesus calls us to love on another, and so we would ask you to please comply with these restrictions, if not for your own safety, then at least for the safety of others, particularly those more vulnerable or anxious.
We do want all people to feel as free as possible from anxiety in choosing to worship in church - it would be very sad if people didn't feel church was a safe place to attend.
Also during the week on Facebook
Morning Prayer at 10am
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Join our live services by going to our Facebook page. click here You do not need to be a member of Facebook to join in
For our latest weekly Church News Sheet click here
We are proud to be a Bronze Eco Church Award winner from A Rocha UK and are working towards Silver more here
Click here for the latest weekly newsheet
Key Church Contacts
for full details go to our contacts page
Revd Tim ffrench & Revd Trish ffrench Tel: 01892 723055
Our Rectors are part-time and job share click here to email
Days off Mondays and Fridays
Community Worker Hilary Marshall click here to email
Church Administrator Miranda Hungerford Tel: 0797 065 5092 click here to email
Click for GDPR and Safeguarding information